Yes – I look down at my clock and realize its only 10:22am…however after yesterday’s events, I sure could have used one. The lovely City of Boston decided that my little ol’ Altima was in the way of their ever so important “street cleaning”. And yes, it was my fault…I may have moved my car from one street cleaning street to another yesterday morning, knowing full well that it was the infamous Monday Street Cleaning..but dummy Jan messed up. I guess in 5 + years of living in Southie….one tow on the books isn’t all that bad!
So what do you do when life tow’s your car….DRINK UP!!!
I found these 2 recipes, courtesy of the one and only Pinterest. Skinny White Sangria Sparkler (that’s a mouth full) and Grown Up Pink Lemonade. Look how yummy. I may have to try one of these for an upcoming Girls Night soon!!!
SKINNY WHITE SANGRIA SPARKLER
- 1-2 bottles of crisp white wine, I used 1 bottle Sauvignon Blanc and 1 bottle of sparkling Vino Verde
- 2 ripe local peaches, sliced
- 1 pint raspberries
- 2 kiwis
- several sprigs of mint
- Stevia, I used NuNaturals Alcohol Free Stevia
Simply add the sliced fruit and mint to the wine and add several squirts of Stevia until desired sweetness is. Let sit for at least an hour in the fridge to let the flavors infuse. In the summertime it’s also nice to freeze half of the fruit and add right before serving so they act as ice cubes in the Sangria.
GROWN UP PINK LEMONADE
lemon wedges (from 3 lemons)
1. Pour the vodka and Crystal light into a large pitcher.
2. Fill the pitcher ½ way with ice.
3. Pour the remaining ingredients into the pitcher and stir.
4. Serve cold with lemon wedges.
And for good measure, I wanted to add one of my personal favorite drink recipes – the Skinny Girl Margarita (and NO, its not that stupid Bethenny Frankel’s margarita…first of all, its not even that good and second of all….why is this broad famous??? I DISLIKE her). Anyways….I got this recipe from a friend and its probably one of the best Margartia recipes I have ever had!!! Try it out….
SKINNY GIRL AGAVE MARGARITAS
- Lots of rocks—shake with rocks too
- 1 part fresh lime juice (1 – 1.5 shots)
- 1 part agave mixed with water—in other words, water & agave mixture should equal the exact amount of lime juice that you used
- I use 2 parts tequila – silver preferably (again, it’s a sipper and can put you on your a$$ quickly!)
- When I make them: 1+ shot glass of lime, 1+ shot of water & agave mix, 2 shots of tequila- shake it very well so it foams
Ahhhh this post makes me VERY HAPPY!!!! Happy Drinking 🙂