Happy Friday!!! With winter right around the corner, we need to be sure we are moisturizing properly….from our face, body, lips to hair. I found this mask a while ago and figured it would be perfect to post about the cold/dry months ahead….
You’ll need: a bowl, an electric mixer/beater, ripe avocado, 2 teaspoons of extra virgin olive oil, a clip (any kind: claw clip, sectioning clip, anything to hold your hair up!), shower cap + a blow dryer.
• in a bowl, mix half of a ripe avocado (smashed) and 2 teaspoons of extra virgin olive oil (double the recipe for long or thick hair).
• using your electric mixer/beater, whip the two ingredients together until they reach a creamy consistency.
• take the bowl into the shower with you for an easier, less messy application.
• shampoo hair well, ring out excess water, then apply the mask all over. if you have fine/flat hair, skip the roots and only do middle to ends. clip it up and cover it with the shower cap.
• jump out of the shower and warm the treatment up with your blow dryer on a low heat setting for about one minute. heat will allow the treatment to soak in much further than it would without. try to leave it on for as long as you can. anywhere from 5 minutes-30 minutes is perfect.
• jump back in the shower and rinse thoroughly. condition as usual with your regular conditioner.
Alternatives: If you don’t have an electric mixer, just mash the avocado up well with a fork or the back of a spoon. Add your olive oil and then manually whisk for a full minute or until it becomes creamy. If you can’t make time to get out of the shower to warm the treatment up with a blow dryer, just clip the mask up in the shower with no cap and the steam will help it soak in.
Also– feel free to add a drop or two of fragrant essential oil! Jasmine, lavender, eucalyptus, chamomile, anything. Your hair will soak up the scent as well!