I find that more often then not, lately my blog entries are more about food then “Mascara and Martinis” but you can stop a girl from loving her food! I saw these and immediately knew I have to try them! Cheese & Bacon Potato Rounds…yum! I love me some potatoes skins but sometimes they can be time consuming to make. I also like how there is an even distribution of ingredients…each bite has all the good stuff. Its nice that you can make more rounds out of one potato then an actual potato skin. These are SO being made next time we are home watching the Pats game!
- 4 baking potatoes, cut into 1/2 inch slices
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 8 slices bacon – cooked and crumbled
- 8 ounces shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped green onion
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Brush both side of potato slices with butter; place them on an ungreased cookie sheet. Bake in the preheated 400 degrees F (200 degrees C) oven for 30 to 40 minutes or until lightly browned on both sides, turning once.
- When potatoes are ready, top with bacon, cheese, and green onion; continue baking until the cheese has melted