TGIF Everyone! So glad to get through this week and know that the next 4 work weeks are at the most 4 day weeks. I can definitely deal with that.
I wanted to share this little cold kicker tip I found on Beauty Bets (definitely a new favorite). With the weather in the Northeast finally getting chilly and seasonable, its only a matter of time before everyone is getting hit with the nasty cold and sinus infections! This detox bath seems to be a great DIY treat to give you some relief and mend those achy muscles.
1. Run a hot bath. It opens pores and prepares body for cleansing.
2. Add three pints of food-grade hydrogen peroxide (3%). This oxygenates the body and helps purge toxins. It’s also antibacterial and antiviral.
3. Add two ounces of ground ginger, a natural anti-inflammatory that increases blood circulation and helps promote the elimination of toxins through sweat.
4. Soak for about 30 minutes.
5. Drink lots of water; You need to replenish what’s being pulled out of your system.
After the bath, they say the sweat will start to pour out of you which is good – get rid of the nasty cold lingering inside! The next time I get hit with a cold, I’ll definately be doing the Detox Bath!