In honor of Cinco de Mayo tomorrow…thought it was fitting to share with you my favorite homemade Margarita recipe….all you need is fresh lime juice (which can be a bitch to squeeze but so worth it in the end), agave nectar and silver tequila! These are by far the best margarita’s I have ever had and since you are using fresh lime juice and natural agave, they aren’t THAT bad for you either (well thats what I tell myself!!!). Enjoy!
- Lots of rocks—shake with rocks too
- 1 part fresh lime juice (1 – 1.5 shots)
- 1 part agave mixed with water—in other words, water & agave mixture should equal the exact amount of lime juice that you used
- I use 2 parts tequila – silver preferably (again, it’s a sipper and can put you on your a$$ quickly!)
- When I make them: 1+ shot glass of lime, 1+ shot of water & agave mix, 2 shots of tequila- shake it very well so it foams
Happy Cinco de Mayo…Ole!